Im so scared

Im sorry but i just need to write im here trying not to panic or read to much on the Internet but as my title says im scared ive had breast issues for about 8 months first started of with a small lump behind my nipple very itchy at times it eventually made my nipple inverted fast forward to 2 weeks ago i noticed my breast getting larger more painful red pitted orange peel skin. After 2 trips to A&E as the pain was shooting into my chest and 2 different types of antibiotics i was told to see the gp I saw her Wednesday of this week and she changed the antibiotics and referred me to the breast clinic as she said she thinks I have an abcess. New antibiotics are not working and i had a call from the hospital this morning (Thursday) stating my gp thinks i may have ibc and i need to be seen urgently.. This completely threw me as although my gp seemed concerned she didn't seem that concerned im now here panicking getting myself worked up i have 4 little boys aged 10 8 7 and 3 and im so so scared. I know it's not cancer until they say it is but please how can I get through the next few days without crumbling..

Thank you for reading ️ ️

• Waiting is the worst and, I suppose, nothing can really take your mind off of it. I nearly went insane when I was waiting to be diagnosed. But, let me reassure you, even if it is cancer, survival is so likely. And you're doing all the right things and getting checked out. I had lymphoma in 2013 and, no matter what happens, you can get through it. Trust me. Avoid googling things. Try and occupy your brain with other stuff. And above all, keep a positive mind. 

• Hi i replied yesterday but its not posted it for some reason thank you so so much for getting back to me been trying not to think to much about my appointment but it is hard. How are you doing? Xx

• hello hun, I’m sorry you’ve had to come here but you will get amazing support this site has helped me plenty. I couldn’t help but respond because I myself have been having a similar experience for the past 9-10 months, it’s ripped my life apart entirely, I have very similar symptoms also. I’m so sorry you’re going through this and I understand with the worries towards the children to as I have a 7 year old son and I’ve broke down so much scared something bad is going to happen to me so I won’t be here for him, it’s so consuming. I’ve added you, please feel free to message me I’m here always! And good luck at your appointment sending love and hope it turns out all okay x

• Hi hun i forgot to update this post I had my appointment and they did an ultrasound scan and found out that its a severe abcess but after 3 lots of antibiotics im still very unwell so i had a needle aspiration and I go back Friday for the results. They are still very concerned about it as i should be better now so i may have to have surgery to remove the abcess.. Please message me if you ever need to talk as I will with you. Have you had any tests yet etc? Xxx

• I’m so glad it wasn’t anything life threatening hun. I’m so sorry you’re still expiercing so much pain and sickness due to this, I hope it gets better after the aspiration. I’ve had several tests all showing something but I’m always led back to square one, I’ve had enlarged lymph nodes, thickened tissue, and now a 4.4mm lesion I just can’t seem to get answers as to what’s going on. Was your abscess big or small? Xx

• Aww no so whats the next option for you now? Well according to the hospital it took over half my breast in swelling and fluid but the actual abcess is about 3x4 inches. Hopefully on Friday they'll know what is an drain it as i dont think i can take much more pain etc xx

• Hi,

hope you don't mind me jumping in but was everything ok? Xxx