I’m so scared

Hello. Hope you are all well. In May my doctor sent me for a scan and they found a large ish mass. I has ca bloods which came back borderline ( I’m not sure of numbers they never told me ) they are the scanning me next week to see if it’s grown. If it has ( or stayed the same) they are removing it. I originally went to the gp with pain during sex, bleeding in between periods. Bloating every couple of days , pelvis pain. In the last 3-4 weeks the symptoms have gotten much worse. The bloating is painful and every day, weeing lots, struggling to poo even when I need one. My back is in absolute agony. I have no appetite ( I’m a size 22 so definitely not normal for me) only managing on a little toast. I feel so so so tired I’m also breathless. I’m so scared. My best friend has lots on and has just lost her nephew so I don’t want to put more on her plate. My husband is emotionally stunted and would just say it’ll be ok. I feel a fraud even feeling like this x

• Hello Wheresmykindle

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with these health problems at the moment. I know that lots of our members here on the forum will understand just how worrying the wait for tests and results can be. 

There are a number of reasons other than cacner that can cause a CA125 result to be raised but it sounds positive that yours didn't give the Consultant any immediate cause for concern. 

Hopefully your scan next week will give the Dr's a clearer understanding of what is going on for you and they will be able to discuss what the next steps are. 

If you'd like to talk to one of our nurses about things then you're welcome to give them a call. They're available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator