I need some advice

Hi I’m new to this chat so I’m hoping I’m doing this right. My mum has just been diagnosed with stage4 cancer. They have said that this has started from the cervix and has spread upwards and outwards and has spread to the lymph nodes. We are due to see the oncalagist in a weeks time but have already been told that Mum will have to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Am wanting to know from others experiences the rough survival rate and life expectancy for this diagnosis. 

• Hello! I am new here as well, and I must say that forums like this are of great help for us whose loved ones have been diagnosed with CA. 

I am not that knowledgeable about the survival rate for stage 4, but I heard that there were cases that some were  treated. Since the diagnosis is very new, try to be strong and focus on positivity. My mom was diagnosed just last week of Cervical CA stage 2A. It was and is still hard, but one thing we should always try is to focus all our energies to positivity despite the challenges. Your oncologist will be deciding, together with your family and the patient, on what treatment you’ll be undergoing, including the number of sessions of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Prepare your mom because she will also be undergoing series of tests (ECG, CT Scan, MRI, blood tests) prior to the treatment. I also suggest that you write down all your questions so that when you meet your oncologist, you’ll be able to ask them. 

During this time, our strong faith should never falter. Hope all goes well from this day forward. God bless you and your mom!!!