Together we will beat cancer

Donate

I found a lump..

10 Oct 2018 23:01

hi all, 

After about 2 weeks of a very painful left breast and nipple area-going very hard and pain intermittently, i found a lump around a week ago. I saw my gp today who examined me but gave no indication whether or not I should be concerned. All she said was oh yes, it’s vvery cylindrical. Well great, but what does that mean?! She felt my neck and under my arms and said they were fine. But didn’t give me any indication about the lump or the change in in nipple area. She has referred it for further tests and wants it seen within 2 weeks. I’m 27 with 2 small children and am now terrified.

Re: I found a lump..

11 Oct 2018 12:39 in response to Charlie_90

Hi Charlie, 

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. If it's any consolation I'm in a similar boat - my GP found a lump in my breast after I saw him regarding an inverted nipple and armpit lump, and he referred me to breast clinic urgently. It's terrifying! I'm also 27 but without children - I can't even imagine what it must feel like to go through this whilst having little ones to think of. Do you have a good support network?

I'm always happy to chat so feel free to drop me a private message and maybe we can keep each other updated? I feel like my friends and family are beginning to get a little overwhelmed with my constant need for support so it really helps to talk to someone who actually understands how scary and emotional this is. It literally takes over your life. 

Wishing you all the best and fingers crossed you get good news soon. 

X x x