I fall in the 7-10% of population lol.

I’ve had the strangest couple of months. Ok..

I’m 34 sports coach.

So it started with a gross hematuria. I went to doctors and cos my age he didn’t put in for urgent. never felt any pain anywhere no back pain didn’t fit any symptoms and I only had the episode over 24 hours.

couple months went by I finally got to see urologist. Again he wasn’t to worried but wanted to make sure so booked me a ct scan and in for cystoscope. I had the ct scan, and 3 weeks wait till operation.... 

Morning of my op thinking ok this will be easy as I’m having a general, and wake up job done.... surgeon comes in says “ok has anyone spoke to me about ct”? I can’t even remember replying... but he said “we found a lump on your kidney. We will be able to see and maybe take biopsy today find out exactly what it is”. Ok simple....

I woke up in agony and he then explained. “We couldn’t get the camera up to see what it was. The tube from your kidneys to bladder was too thin. And you have a stent in there!”

I thought I’d be back to work that Friday. No way!! 

Nearly a week passes, and in the most agony ever! And I thought ok I’ll go see my gp get some answers... still thinking it is just a stone in my kidney.... when I asked him about ct, he said he’s got no notes??? I wondered what year I was in, but then said that’s ridiculous. He gave me number to ring hospital.... And after a long time they said the surgeon will ring me. 

The post then arrived. And 2 letters. 1 was to doctor and it made absolutely no sense to me.. the 2nd was telling me I had appointment for the day before!! For chest ct scan.. had to wait another week for ct scan.

That evening the surgeon phoned me... 

After asking wtf is going on? He told me u have cancer and he wants to remove my kidney. 

What a way of finding out! Lol great start....

so the Wednesday after ct scan I having a meeting with them. For staging...

He said to me they took washings from my op and no doubt it’s kidney cancer. I asked “what stage 1” he said definitely 2 as it’s pretty big. I think my reaction shocked him as well as being his 2nd youngest patient to have this type TCC 

I said straight away u can take my kidney I don’t want partial I want the whole thing out.

It’s bothered others around me more then me. I just want the stent out tbh. 

Its all just a ridiculous situation cos now I gotta take 6 weeks off and ssp won’t cover my outgoings. And I just want to go back to work.

Monday they discussing things and I think he will have me in by the end of next week. 

Can anyone tell me how fast it spreads? Is it likely to be stage 3 by the time they remove it?

Ive looked more into TCC and high percentage of the tumour growing back and could be in the bladder next time. It’s probably the worst form and now I’m thinking.... I should have let nature to do its thing.  I wasn’t in any pain or discomfort till they put a stent in me and if the chances are high then why put my body through it all. 

I will go ahead and try fighting it but my luck in life is hilarious.. it’s more putting my family through it is gonna be harsh. I can deal with it. But can they?.

It’s the anxiety of not knowing!! Really sorry about this essay but thought I’d share my experience so far. 

Hope this helps others in a way! I have no symptoms no pain (till the stent) 

Good luck to us all ;))

• Hi there ... and welcome on our cancer rollercoaster ... wer on there and you gotta seat with your name on ... it's the scariest ride you'll ever go on... but we buckled in ... held on tight .. and hold each other up.. you can rant on here .. whatever you feel .. we've been there ..

Yes you'll feel all those emotions .. and that's normal, and those you love will feel scared as they go through even more then us ... I'd be same as you.. take the whole kidney .. that's what I said about my boob .. don't think of it as loosing a kidney.. more like taking out that uninvited guest out .. 

Cancer wants us all to crumble, lay down and give in ... well we can bend but we don't brake ..  there's so many on this journey of ours. . Your never alone on here .. and you sound a tough cookie ... yes life may change ... you can adapt ... hold on to all those who love you .. share those hugs and admit it's scary .. but you'll do it together ... sending you a vertual hug ... chrissie  x

• Wow.... thanks chrissie x