Hysteroscopy results

Hello everyone I’m new to this site I’m 60 years old , was sent for urgent tests a few months ago because of irregular bleeding, I’ve had many different test done and just been diagnosed with complex hyperplasia and focal hyperplasia, without atypia , I’m finding it very scary dr suggested I have the marina coil fitted which I have but I find it’s making me depressed anxious and very moody I hate it , I was told I will be having a hysterectomy in the new year but my results letter I got this morning said because I said I wasn’t keen on the hysterectomy they are getting me bk in 4 months for another Hysteroscopy, I found the last one really painful I would rather have the hysterectomy then go thro that again I’m feeling very scared and worried 

• Hello Pauline and welcome to this site. 

I'm sorry you're having such a worrying time and having gone through all that once and STILL expected to go through it in another four months must make you even more worried.  I know you're not keen on a hysterectomy but if it stops you going through all this pain and worry then my advice would be to have one.  Perhaps you could phone your consultant's secretary on Monday and explain that although you said you wasn't keen on a hysterectomy, the constant pain and worry you're in now has caused you to change your mind.  If it's any help, I had my operation on the Thursday afternoon, was up and walking on the Saturday (not far but still getting up and about) and was home on the Tuesday, painfree!  I had almost forgotten what it was like not to be on strong painkillers (which wore off very quickly on me) and to have a more restful sleep without the pain and worry waking me up.  Of course, only you can make the decision that is right for you but once YOU take control of what you want, you will start to feel more clear in your mind.  I know I did.

Wishing you good luck in whatever you choose to do.  Do let us know how you get on, won't you?

Take care.

BB x