HPV positive

Hi

I have been for 4 smear test over 3 years all saying abnormal, I went for colposcopy and it was clear so I was to go for a smear a year later wich I did in November last year, today I got my results and a hospital app thru at the same time. I had to wait 12bweeks last time for hospital app this time it's a week, I have high risk hpv and my cells have changed, the letter doesn't even say slight change In cells nothing. I'm freaking out i cant stop crying, a week and they want me in for another colposcopy and it says extra time next to it so it's a longer appointment. 12 weeks last time for appointment 1 week this time it's not looking good for me. 

• Hi Gemma1206,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I can understand this must be worrying for you - try not to jump to any conclusions, and take things a day at a time while you wait. At least it won't be too long before you find out more about all this - use your appointment as an opportunity to ask any questions you have.

Keep yourself busy in the meantime to keep your mind off things. And whatever happens, we're always here for support on this forum if you need it.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator