HPV Positive

Hi does anyone no if HPV turns into cervical cancer? Iv recently been told I have hpv. They dont actually give you anything for it.im bit worried as been diagnosed with breast cancer in September.

• hiya i have HPV myself depends on the grade of HPV it could but it takes 10-30 if it does . u will have a check up every year from now as i go for these i actually have a appointment tommorow . 

u will be okay . 

HPV is a virus there is no cure for that unfortuantly 

i dont know wether this helps 

• Hiya, thank you for the information.not sure how long iv had it.i suppose only time will tell what will happen.unless it goes away itself

• hey 

and u never know how long u have had it yiu could of had it for years 

and it comes and goes it can flare up and disapear again . 

• Hi I didn't no that.suppose I do now.thank you again for your help x

• your very very welcome :) i hope this helps u a little bit 

• Hi I've also just been diagnosed HPV positive and waiting for a month to get my colposcopy..even tho my previous tests came back as normal and I'm attending gynecologist check ups every few years the latest one showed I'm positive and got low grade dyskaryosis..but I've heard of quite a few cases when it just cleared away by itself x

• Hi 

I'm feeling a little anxious about this too I've also just received my smear results with positive hpv but normal cells I had my first smear 3 years ago and it was normal so I was totally shocked when this one came I don't no much about it but I've just scared myself by google 

I hope ur further tests all go well 

xx

• Hi Kirst

I’ve just seen this post although I replied to your other one. Please try not to google too much if you can help it..it will lead you down rabbit holes of misinformation and fear, and worst case scenarios. The best advice I can give is to rely on reputable sources of information only, like this site or Jo’s Cervical Trust forum. If you do have any questions I’m happy to help with anything I can based on having been through cervical cancer twice now and having learned a lot along the way! xx

• Thankyou so much for replying to me I'm so sorry that you have been through that you are so brave  

Yeah I'm just so new to this like my first ever smear was normal no problems and then the second one normal but with hpv it's just so worrying that you literally don't know what's going to happen like I no people have said I will more then likely clear on it's own but what if it doesn't what then I just feel so scared 

xxx

• Hi Kirst

The important thing to remember is that in all likelihood absolutely nothing will ever happen! You cannot “cure” HPV, but if your immune system is healthy you can clear it/make it go dormant so it doesn’t cause any issues. I know it must be an anxious time for you, knowing you have the virus, but screening will pick up any changes early and there is very effective treatment for abnormal cells. It’s important to remember also that abnormal cells are not cancer and do not mean you will ever get cancer. 

Please don’t spend your life being scared and worried...I don’t! I live a very happy and fulfilled life and never give HPV a second thought. Hopefully you will be able to come to terms with the news and be able to do the same. xx