How long

So moms cancer is lung cancer with mets to liver nodes adrenal gland liver and brain.....

Found out all about this 2 months ago.

Since then huge deterioration mainly the mind so confused doesnt remember any recent things

Mom is now in a care home 

Not too much pain but im guessing this is correct becausr it affects the brain... i want to know how long she has no one has an answer no guide nothing she is not doing too bad just more confused by the day 

She has pain meds set up but only on the minimal at moment. What will happen next i wonder will she suffer 

What changes are going to happen 

Its a scary time 

• Hello Sammie,

It does sound like it is a very scary time for you and your family at the moment and you only found this out two months ago so it must have come as a real shock to you. Seeing your mum forgetting things must be incredibly distressing to watch.

I hope your mum is well looked after in the care home. It is hard to answer questions about prognosis as it on so many factors that it must be really difficult even for those who are responsible for your mum's medical care to give you some definite answers. I can imagine this must be incredibly frustrating for you. Don't hesitate to ask questions though to your mum's medical team about pain relief for example to make sure she doesn't suffer and that her pain is kept under control. They may also be able to guide you as to what to expect in the coming days, weeks and months.

You can also talk about this with our nurses on freephone 0808 800 4040, from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Don't hesitate to give them a call if you live in the UK  - it can help to talk things through with them.

I hope you will also get to chat to others here who may have been in a similar position and that they will share their experience with you.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator