Hospital gave dad 3 weeks to 4 months

Omg went to see Dr at Shrewsbury hospital.he said he can offer radiotherapy but it will not cure it but it can help but only if dad puts his weight on otherwise no treatment can be offered.

Dad didn't want to hear how long he has so he was taken out of room .

Doctor spoke to me and my step brother he said his life expectancy is 3 weeks to 3 months if no treatment but I highly doubt he will be in good health to have treatment his to frail and his weight to low and other health problems he has..

I'm scared what do I say.

What do I do??

He didn't want to know but he should...

• Hi Hayley,

That's lousy news. My guess is that he already knows that things are bad and simply can't face up to it. Give him some space and time to come to terms with his worst fears, there's no point in stressing him out. 

All you can do is be there to support him over the coming weeks. A lot of us have been in similar situations and it is never easy.

Best wishes

Dave

• Hi try to build your dads weight up by giving him build up drinks the doctor can supply them. He is probably aware he is very ill but did not want to hear the news. My advice is to be there for him and talk to him as much as possible so he is fully supported. 

• Hi Hayley.. My Dad was Diagnosed a month ago with Prostrate, kidney and Bone Cancer...  They wont give us a prognosis they say the cant give an accurate timescale.   

My Dad also doesnt want to know so as far as hes been told he has treatable prostrate cancer and could have years ahead of him... That makes him very happy.. hes going along with hormone treatment because he is thinking it will prolong his life... The hardest thing is them Not Knowing and watching them plan their long term future.  My heart goes out to you as I know how difficult it is.  All that keeps me going is that Ignorance is Bliss... Dad Happy for the meantime and I dont want him to know anyway.   Hope you find away forward.. Sending you my best x