Hodgkin's lymphoma

So today, after 10 weeks of tests, I received my diagnosis-Hodgkins stage 3. We've told friends and family, but still deciding how to tell our children (5 and 8). I have a lot more pre chemo tests, bloods, heart and breathing scan, PET scan and the dreaded bone marrow biopsy. The whole thing feels enormous right now-treatment, side effects, practical matters and so on. Apparently the prognosis is good, although it's still scary. The macmillan nurse at the hospital was really helpful though, it's just a lot to take in.

• Hi Mrsh84

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis earlier this week. I know from your previous posts that it's been a difficult time of going through tests and waiting for results. 

It's natural that you're feeling overwhelmed by everything at the moment and I'm glad to hear that the nurse was supportive and helpful. I'm sure that over the coming days things will start to sink in a little more but don't be afraid to contact your nurse if you feel you need to. 
    I'm sure that you probably had some information from the hospital but I wanted to let you know that we've information on our website here about Hodgkin's lymphoma. There's also a page about talking to children which you may find helpful. 

Please keep posting here on the forum if it helps. I know that the community will do their best to support you through your treatment. 

Sending best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator