Hodgkin lymphoma

Hi,This is my 1st post..where do I start..My son has just been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma in February,he's 28 and got a 3month old baby..he had no symptoms and only found by chance..were all still getting over the shock..should also mention he has bipolar disorder so very hard to for him to take everything in..it would be nice just to hear others experiences and any advice on how to support him.

Thank you.

• Welcome to the forum Deb although I'm sorry to read that your son has just been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

It is always a shock to find out our loved ones have been diagnosed with cancer, even more so when they were showing no symptoms and it was found by chance, but the good thing is it has been found and now treatment can begin.

I've had a look through the forum and wanted to let you know of other members - [@Denise195757]‍, [@Rachy]‍, [@Griffboy]‍, [@Helples]‍ and [@Loulibbylou]‍ who have experience of this diagnosis. Some of them haven't been on the forum in a little while so there may be a slight delay in hearing back but I just wanted you to know you're not alone and that we do have members who will understand what you and your son are going through.

Our cancer nurses may be able to advise on how best to support your son so do give them a call on 0808 800 4040. This line is open Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m so if you are free this afternoon you could give them a quick call to discuss this before the weekend starts.

I hope this helps Deb and I wish you and your son all the best on this journey.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• hello my name is dennis, i have had low grade lymphoma for 8 years . had 2 lots chemotherapy see my cancer doctor every 3 months this is my first post