High grade severe dyskaryosis

Hi I'm new on here and really worried about my smear results . I've had HPV for about 5 years now and on my my last smear I got a letter to say I had abnormal cells and high grade severe dyskaryosis . I'm so scared and just keep thinking I've got cancer , for the past few days I keep getting a light stomache cramp a dull back ache and I no there symptoms so my mind is going crazy . Going for colposcopy on Wednesday but I still don't really know if I will get any treatment done this day as I got a letter about a loop excersion but didn't say if I was getting it or not . Anyone had anything similar to my situation x

• Hi Kanne and welcome to the forum.

I noticed you were having your colposcopy today so I just wanted to wish you good luck and let you know we're thinking of you. You can find out more about this procedure and the loop excision (LLETZ) on our website but if you have time before your appointment and would like to have a quick chat with someone about this, our cancer nurses are available on 0808 800 4040 between 9a.m - 5p.m.

I hope the information we have about cervical screening results will help put your mind at ease as well.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Kanne, how did you get on? Well I hope! I had the same results as yourself and have my colposcopy on Monday. I am absolutely bricking it expecting the worse xx

• Hi I'm new on this too and also very worried. I have had HPV for a few years and always abdominal pain no bleeding irregular but with PCOS you can never tell. I have had a biopsy in July. The HPV has shown changes on biopsy. However it was my smear test showing high grade abnormality. I'm going in for the recommendation. To be explained as it has made me very anxious. I have read about loop excision (LLETZ).

They blast cells away from your cervix and there is no pain and it is to prevent pre cancer cells from becoming cancer. They must investigate how severe it is for example just the neck of cervix or further. I'm very nervous but the best thing you have done is keep ur appointments. Stop smoking and eat very natural like soursap and blueberries and I hope you get the best results in the end. 

Keep your head up and be thankful that you went for your checks.

God be with you.