High Grade CIN 2 - consecutive management

Hello guys, 

wondering if anyone has a similar story or can help?

11 months ago I was diagnosed with high grade CIN 2 as my routine smear came back abnormal. I was recommended to have treatment to removed the abnormal cells. However due to another medical problem I have, due to having an electronic device fitted I can't have treatment. I was put on consecutive management and today had my 6 month follow up (actually 11 months due to no appointments). 

It showed that it has spread to my lower and higher part of my cervix. I have 4 biopsies taken and now have to wait for the results to come back in 4/6 weeks. 

Has anyone else has this happen? Any advice or guidance would be really appreciated!. 

• Hi Harley and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to have the recommended treatment for your abnormal cells and that it has now spread to other parts of your cervix.

Our members know how worrying this can be so you are not alone and hopefully some of them will be along soon to offer you their support and advice.

If you'd like to speak with one of our nurses about this, you can contact them on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m. They're very knowledgeable in this field and will do all they can to answer your questions and put your mind at ease.

We're thinking of you Harley and hope this article on how to cope with waiting for news will help until you know more. 

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator