Hi - wife has terminal stage 4 cancer, struggling to cope

Hi everyone just want to introduce myself.  I so not have cancer but my mrs has. She is stage 4 and has undergone bowel, colon, and liver surgery in 2017. Ahe has responded well but she is diagnosed as terminal. After the surgery she gained weight and had a picc line fitted. The doctors are amazed with her but they sound more cancer cells on whats left of her liver. Im being strong but lately im finding it hard to keep things together.

• Hi Bobby dee, 

I'm so sorry for what both of you are passing through. It seems a lot to deal alone with. Coping with this reality is totally distressful and is normal - but "being normal" don't make the process less unpleasant, of course!- to feel a roler coaster of emotions that sometimes we couldn't understand.

Cancer is not a reality only for the patient but it extends to those who loves the person, that's why the caregivers also should take care about themselves. Nobody is a rock and nobody needs to be a rock, allow yourself to have your time. Feel free to share here what you are feeling and thinking! It migh be useful for you to seeking professional support to empower your cope strategies.

Take care, see you soon. S.