Hi and help

Hi I’ve just been diagnosed with ovarian cancer today.......numb and scared. No other words, sorry

• Hi and welcome.

sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was diagnosed with womb cancer last Friday. I know it’s hard especially as we are now in the weekend.  Try just to take a deep breath and one day at a time.

There are plenty of people to talk to on here who know what you are going through. Sorry they havent appeared yet but they will.

have you been given any further appointments? If you don’t want to talk on the open forum, Send a friend request to me and I will respond.

• Hello Chul. I was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday. It had been a month since I'd first discovered a couple of lumps. A month of waking early in the morning with shakes, sweats and bad dreams. "Numb and scared" sums up my feelings during my hospital visit yesterday, even though I'd had that month to prepare for the worst. I'm sure we are both perfectly normal people. Are feelings are normal and healthy. And we are both coping with them... We might not feel as if we are, but the fact that we've met on this forum so soon after diagnosis is proof that we are already looking forward, looking for the positive support that we need to deal with a situation that has suddenly been thrown at us. We've taken the first step to dealing with this problem. To my mind that makes us strong. I don't know how much time you've spent reading here, but you are probably beginning to realise (as I am) that the people posting here are positive and supportive! We have joined a band of survivors who understand what we are going through and aren't afraid to talk about their hopes and fears. Chances are that before long we will be able to look back on this weekend and see it as a changing point in our lives. We've just hit a real low, but have already begun to claw our way out of the hole of despair that we suddenly fell into. We haven't got over that initial shock yet, but we aren't losers and we aren't quitters. We are sane enough to be scared and sensible enough to look for help and knowledge. That makes us survivors who are already beginning to regain control over our lives. Good luck to you and everyone else on their journey. We are going to have good days and bad days, but thanks largely to the Internet and the people who run and post on sites like this, we will hopefully never need to feel alone for long.
  • Hi Elaine ..... And welcome ...   What great outlook to have ... You are half way there ...

I'm a grade 3 her 2 lass ... Had my masectomy last July , and was as scared as everyone when they first get this diagnosis ... And Jolomine got me through and took away my being scared ... And lots of us since then have trod the same path .. and they have had their op and treatment .... Now we've had a new bunch of lasses and they are being treated and ops this week ... And a couple like you are at this early stage ... 

I think cancer wants us to give up , to lay down and never feel positive ... It wants us to crumble ... But together we can take on this crule cancer, and help each other kick cancers butt ... We may look strong but trust me, we nearly all have days where we give in to tears and have a good rant and cry ... But we know all of us have those feelings and when someone's feeling down, we know we're all on this cancer rollercoaster together ... And then we get back in the ring, boxing gloves to the ready ... You see it's not about winning or loosing this journey of ours ..

. It's about looking it square in the eye and saying ... I can do this ... And you won't change me .. there's quite a few here who are pushing boundries all the time, against the odds ...

Sundial is ready to get her cancer on the run ... And she's having to wait too ... Those early days are the hardest ... We're all here to help you through , I'm sure if you post a couple of times, or look on "rilleyroo"

Thread you can see how others went through this journey... There's ups and downs ...

Chul this is for you too ... Any questions, just ask ... 

You don't know how brave and strong you are, untill you look back one day and you'll be so proud of yourselfs ... So sending you both a vertual hug ... Chrissie xx

• Listen to a Chrissie. She helped me through.

• Can only second what Sundial said!

•  

Hi Chul, Sundial and Elaine,

I see that you are all “newbies”, so I extend a very warm welcome to Cancer Chat.

You are all at an early stage in your cancer journeys, but you sound like a positive bunch of lasses. Elaine, you have absolutely nailed the ethos of this forum. We are all here to help each other and to gain the knowledge and support that will see us through our own journeys as positively as possible. 

Chrissie has been on this journey for a while, as has Rileyroo and, both have the right attitude to beat cancer’s butt.  Chrissie has outlined her challenging manner, which seems to be serving her well so far. They are shining examples of ladies who refuse to give in to it.  They are also both a great help to others who are struggling and are always here to offer help, information, advice, support  or even just to lend an ear if you want to vent.

I have lost my mother and father, plus many family members and close friends to cancer and I have had it myself for 8 years. I had a second bout of breast cancer 7 years ago and see a dermatologist about a mole on my back, which was spotted by my lymphoedema nurse, next Monday.

Like you three, I was terrified, annoyed, worried for family and had all sorts of emotions to start with. I then found this site and discovered some real help from people on this site, some of whom are sadly, no longer with us. Along this journey I discovered how much easier it is to deal with cancer in a positive manner, rather than letting it take over my life. This is not an easy thing to do, but it has made all the difference in the world to me.

I am fortunate in that I have wonderful help and support from my husband and family.  I hope that you all have someone who you can share your journey openly and honestly with. Being able to discuss diagnoses, treatments and after care, plus any of your day to day concerns, lessens the burdens on yourselves.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are getting on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx