Hi all

My father was diagnosed with asbestosis (Mesothelioma - i think that is how you spel it), 1 year ago. It was a roller coaster time. They had to move to be closer to doctors and hospitals and sell their house. Although this cancer is not curable they decided to try chemo therapy. He only had 3 treatments and then stopped because it made him ill. He lost alot of weight and it is heartbroken to see such a strong man fade away. My mother is his carer and I am there for support and help.

He is eating better but very tired. It is as if he lost interest in life. He does not want to go anywhere although he is still capable to so. I try to keep the spirits and emotions up. I know it is not always possible but we have to try.

What worries me is that it is suppose to be a time where we build good memories but my father seems to want to fight with my mother all the time. I believe it is his wsy of getting rid of the snger within himself. His anckles and feet started to swell up and I think it is because he sits and or lie down most of the time.

I am glad I discovered this site and looking forward to the support overall. Thank you