Hi all

Hi All, 

Thanks for letting me into the forum.

I've had a blood test and the physical prostate test, guess I failed both, last week. 

hardened prostrate on the one side and 7.4 PSA.

55 now, waiting for a date for biopsies and scans, 

not sure what I'm looking for here, but any reassurance good news stories would be much appreciated.

thanks

•  

Hi Paperbird,

A very warm welcome to our forum. I am sorry that you find yourself here with all of the associated worries. 

I know little about prostate cancer, as I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer 13 years ago. However, I would suggest that you might get a better response from those with prostate problems, if you ask one of the moderators to change your title to Prostate Problems or something similar.

I hope that the scans and biopsies go well and that it doesn't take too long to get the results. You will get through this and come out the other side as a stronger person.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Thank you, much appreciated. I can't tell anyone yet, still could be nothing all fingers crossed, needed to share it with someone. So pleased you beat it. 

•  

Hi Paperbird,

Irrespective of the type of cancer, it is always a worrying time when you are waiting for tests and results. Most people say that it is the hardest time of our cancer journeys. It is particularly difficult whhen you can't really tell anyone, but we are always here for the bad days as well as the good, so don't hesitate to tell us how you really feel. Many people find it helpful writing down their thoughts.

If you do a search at the top of the page, you will find posts from others with prostate issues.

I lost my mum to secondary breast cancer, so was terrified when I was first diagnosed. Every day is a bonus for me and I feel extremely fortunate to still be here 13 years on.

Remember that we are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• My Dad had very similar results about 8 years ago (when he was in his late 70s) and was indeed diagnosed with prostate cancer. Not exactly sure what tests he underwent for diagnosis.

However, after radiotherapy (which he was well enough to drive himself to and from) it shrunk completely and his PSA has consistently remained below 1 ever since. He's now in his mid 80s and fighting fit!

I completely understand the gut-wrenching feeling of waiting for tests as I've had 2 cancer scares myself. However, if you do happen to get a positive diagnosis, please take heart that this can be beaten!