Hi

Hi there

Not an original title i know!!! I'm confussed, 38 and going through my fourth family member that I am carer for.

I'm not that exciting really!. I work in the NHS, live in Hampshire and love to photograph anything and everything (thats my least geeky hobby lol)

I have already posted my post but I am now facing caring for my father in law who has dementia and (we think) mesothelioma. Ironically just in time for my 5yr anniversary of my darling Mum.

Anyway i digress in some ways. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself (badly lol) 

Thanks for reading xx

•  

Hi Confused

Welcome to our forum, although I'm sorry for the reason that has brought you here. You sound as if you are on a similar path to me and it's not an easy one.

I have lost both parents to cancer, as well as a number of relatives and close friends and, I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer myself in the past 8 years. I recently lost my mother-in-law to dementia, am now looking after my 97 year old father-in-law and an 80 year old cousin. Life doesn't seem very fair sometimes, does it?

I have taken up photography since I was diagnosed with cancer. I find that it is one pastime that I can do, even though my mobility has been severely challenged since I was first diagnosed. I have a particular interest in cloud formation and flowers, as well as my family and lovely granddaughters. Do you have any family?

Has your father-in-law had any tests for mesothelioma yet and is he still living at home?

Do please keep in touch and let us know how you are both getting on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi Jolamine

Thank you so much for your reply. 

My FIL hasnt had any tests except for a CT scan (one scan they said is meso, nothing more has been said, planned or mentioned) and he was living at home but my sister in law cant deal with him and her own mum (MIL has Alz and vascular both late stage). Life is certainly in the dock for some ****

I too love cloud formations (and weather) plus I love macro (seriously upclose) flower photography or anything I can get up close too!! I found photography helped me get over my mental health issues from grief.

I have my wonderful husband (its his stepdad of 30+yrs) and his sister who is a godsend. but they are both shocked and struggled with the brutal decline (7 days ago he was ok).... 

•  

Hi Confused,

Trying to cope with your FIL and her own mum would indeed be almost impossible for your sister-in-law, when they are both in the late stages. Is he in a hospital or a care home now? You do not say what age he is and is he aware of the possibility of Mesothelioma or can he no longer process such information?

It is truly amazing just how quickly deterioration can set in. It must be especially difficult for your husband and his sister to take this in. I am glad to hear that your husband and sister-in-law are so supportive. Together you will get through this. Somehow or other, when push comes to shove we find the extra strength to cope.

Don't forget that we are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx