Hi

I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer and given 6 months to live without chemo and 12 months maximum with chemo. Is there any point in having the chemo?

• Hi there ... so sorry bout your diagnosis , we are all in that shadow. .  

All we know is what you've said, so don't know your circumstances , and you need to take everything into account ...all I can tell you is my take on life .. I'm 64 and had an amazing life .. and I'd do what I'm doing now, and live everydayto the full .because I have a lot of other health issues too . and make as many memories as possible for my family ..

If I were younger, and kids were here,I'd fight tooth and nail till my last breath ... 

Really only you can decide ... you need to way everything up and be at piece with whatever disision you make .. I will say though thers a fare few on here who are pushing their diagnosis way past the time they were given ... my heart goes out to you ... big hug .. Chrissie

• Hi Marsim,

Sorry to hear about your prognosis.

The question you ask is one that so many of us have faced or will face some day and I guess it's always down to the indiviual.

You don't know how you're body will tolerate chemo until you start it, which doesn't help with your decision making really, but you do know what you have in your life that you still want to do and people that you want to see.

Happy to be a sounding board and help you bring your thoughts to the fore for the decision making process if I can, but obviously this is a question only you can answer.

Best wishes,

LJx

• Hi

Sorry to read you prognosis 

All I can say is deside for yourself weigh up the pros and cons.

You are not being selfish if you decide against chemo after all you will be having the treatment not others.

personally I decided against treatment and try to live each day to the full despite being housebound.

Lots of hugs and best wishes x