hi

I am a 62 year old homemaker ,I was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer ,unfortunately due to other health complications they have decided that an operation to remove kidney is too risky ,I do not as yet know of any other treatments ,does anyone have any info.....I also have a very rare auto immune condition antisynthetase syndrome which has badly damaged lungs and recently a nodule was found in my lung....not sure yet if cancerous ...I know now that my cancer is incurable  but that is about all I know .....I am so frightened and although I have truly wonderful supportive husband and family I sometimes feel so alone......

• Welcome to the forum Bradmimi although I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and for the reason you find yourself posting here.

Many members here who have also been diagnosed will understand how you are feeling at the moment and I'm sure some of them will be along soon to offer their support and share their experiences with you.

I know you are trying to find out about other treatment options that may be available to you so I have included some information about this which I have found on our website. If you have any questions or want to talk to someone about this then do give our cancer nurses a call. They are available Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m on 0808 800 4040, which is free to call from a UK landline. 

I hope this helps Bradmimi.

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator