Hi

hi not done anything like this bit nervous I have Non hodgkin I have had 6 rounds off r chop which finished on 27th Dec ct scan showed a shadow still on my spleen was sent for pet scan I getting results in tues I am really nervous as I have a feeling its not worked as I   Haven't been feeling 2 great just like in the bengining. Just wondered if any1 else is same  situation as me Sorry for long post as I said not done this before xx

• Hi Nat44,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. Results are very nerve wracking to wait for. You don't say what type of NHL you have, I have FNHL and was diagnosed 10  years ago, had RCVP then with no maintenance R and relapsed 4 years ago and had RCHOP with 2 years of maintenance R. Ten years ago the RCVP gave a complete responce but the later RCHOP only gave a poor partial. Never the less they pushed on with maitenance and the results were very good, anything left was marginal. Are you being offered R maintenance? I think we always think the worst, it stops us being disappointed.

I remember well that sinking feeling after the results of the scan after the chemo, I was told the maitenance would at best only give a small improvement, but it was so much better than that.

I do hope your results are good on Tuesday, I will be thinking of you.

Christine xx