Hi..

hi..

i don't have cancer myself my mum has just been diagnosed with kidney cancer..3 years ago I watched my boyfriends mum sadly lose her battle with cancer after getting the all clear in December she passed away in the April suddenly.i supported my boyfriend as best as I could as we had just had a baby that was 7 weeks old as well..I don't know why I've joined I guess I just need to let me thoughts out.i feel like I don't want to bring it up to my boyfriend as it's still raw for him..and I want to see strong for my mum and family..but I feel like I'm drowning im so scared that I could lose my mum..I know that kidney cancer has a good survival rate but it's the thought that my mum could have cancer again and again that scares me the most..I'm 27 and my dad died when I was younger so my mum is all we have now

• Hi Chels, 

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has just been diagnosed with kidney cancer and it's understandable why you may be scared. If you feel like you can't speak to your boyfriend about this at the current time maybe you could talk to another member of your family, or even your mum. She may already sense how you're feeling and may be feeling the same way so sharing how you feel with each other will enable you to support one another through this difficult time. 

The forum is a great place to let out your thoughts and feelings as many of our members know and I'm sure they will post soon to offer you their support and share their experiences with you.

Post as much as you need to Chels and keep us updated on your mum. 

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator