Hi

I'm Kieran 29 in Scotland survived Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, and am the crazy positive upbeat (been told im to loud) person I am today. check me out and feel free tp ask questions, im happy to answer. xx

• Hello Kieran :)

It's always nice to hear from survivors and I'm glad you have joined Cancer Chat. Do feel free to explore the forum and seek out others that may be in need of your positive, upbeat outlook. You can do this by clicking on the 'search forum' option above and typing in keywords to find others that may be in a similar situation. I'm sure they will appreciate you popping by to say hello and offering support and advice about this type of cancer.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Kieran,

Very glad to hear about the positive outcome of your treatment for ALL. My partner is 26 and was diagnosed in October with the same. He's currently suffering from two bacterial infections after round 2 of chemo which have really knocked him off his feet and it's the worst he's been by far.

Do you have any experience of infections after rounds chemotherapy? 

S

• Hi, Im sorry to hear about your partner, so first of all my thoughts are with you both. Yeah i had a few infections that really knocked the breath from me. Its because the chemo wipes out the immune system to re a build it, making it harder for the body to fight infection. I found that keeping up fluids and rest help recovery. If the body has to work hard to reserve energy it means that its really tired and finds it difficult to do other things. Kieran