Help,

Mum diagnosed 3wks ago with late stage 4 lung cancer I just don't know what to do or to expect she is saying she will not o to hospital there is nothing they can do for her I live 7hrs by train away I came up to hers on Thursday and she is just angry at us for trying to help she had a bad weekend called Dr this morning had home visit but would not let me ask Dr couple of questions I don't mean this as it sounds I don't care to find out when approx she has to live I wanted to know what was need oo what I could do to make things easier the Dr said 1 lung has solidified so what are we to expect now sorry long post just don't know where to turn

• Hi Beetyboo,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I'm so sorry to read about your mum - I can only imagine how difficult this is and even more so as it sounds like when you're finding it hard to be able to help her.

Unfortunately no-one here can really help in terms of what to expect with regard to your mum. But you may find using this forum helpful in terms of speaking to others going through similar situations, or simply as a safe space to write down any thoughts or worries you have.

It's important that you get support too, so it might be worth reaching out to Macmillan or perhaps a local Maggie's centre for advice and support.

I'm sure you're doing all you can but I understand you maybe feel like you want to be able to do more. Make sure you look after yourself too.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator