Help

Hi any advice or support would be really appreciated. I found a lump in my breast last Week and saw my GP on Monday who referred me to the one stop clinic, which I visited yesterday. The consultant said there was definitely a lump there and sent me for a mammogram and ultra sound, went I went back in to see him he said that he was 95% sure it was cancer but wanted to do some punch biopsies. It was a this stage I went in to robot mode and couldn't take anything in i was in total shock when I came out and just cried and couldn't stop crying. Once we got home my husband told me the consultant had said they had caught it early and that it hadn't went in to the lymph nodes which was shown on the scan. I have to go back to see the consultant on Saturday to discuss the results of the biopsy and that he wanted me in next week for a lumpectomy and afterwards to discuss treatments. I can't stop shaking have had very little sleep just going over and over it in my mind that I wouldn't get to see my sons settled down with families of their own. I do have a great support group in my family and husband but deep down feel totally alone and scared. 

• Hi there Chris..

Now take some deep breaths ... your not alone .. we all felt the same as you on hearing that scary word cancer ... it's like shock ... and we go through every sinario ... every "what if"  wanting to scream, cry, cuss at the word ... and I did ... I spent two days when I first found out, locked away .. going du lally with panic ... 

Till my daughter in law saw us all doing the same .. she sat us down and said no more panicking... no more what ifs .. no more looking ahead to what may be .. well take each day and each problem as and when it comes up... and well do it together ... 

It was just what I needed to stop the panic, get myself a vertual pink pair of boxing gloves .. got in the ring.. looked it square in the eye, and got ready to fight ... you see cancer wants us to lay down and never get up... cry forever and just give in .. then cancer is strong ... but it's got another thing comming ... together we can try and kick its *** ...

I had a grade 3 her 2 neg oestrogen positive lump.... even wrote my goodbye letters ... that was in July 2017 l had a total right masectomy .. stopped thinking they were taking part of me, and just thought, they were going to get that alian lump out my body ... 

We here so many sad story's on t.v .. but treatments come a long way ... there was lots of us breast lasses started with me here, and joined after .. all different diagnosis.. different treatments... but you know wer all still here of those lasses .. most have gone back to their lives and one had a new baby boy to boot ..  

It's not a walk in the park... but it's doable .. get your self some vertual boxing gloves and get in the ring with us .. there's lots of us there fighting right by your side ..  yes feel those emotions, get them out don't hold them in .. and then get those gloves on .. sending you a vertual hug... Chrissie xx 

• Thank you so much for your words of comfort I probably know I am over thinking things and the amount of crying I have done I could have filled a river, but I do take comfort that things have progressed over the years in the way of cancer treatments. I will have to find e them boxing gloves and take a swipe as this. Thank you so much  

• Thank you so much for your reply it does easy my mind a little. It's nice to hear that you are 15 years down the line which has given me hope. Thanks again