Help

Hello

I'm just looking for advice. I had a lump removed 2 weeks ago. The doctor removing it said oh is it a BCC ? I'd never heard of this. I've had a lump on my back for over 9 years. It caught on things and become crusty. It felt like glass slicing my back when I pulled it. Anyway I looked online at BCC images and it is exactly like a SCC skin cancer. So I'm waiting and today I called the clinic as my GP told me thr results was on the system.  The clinic said it was awaiting a DR to download n tell them what to do. I'm petrified and the lady said if it was cancer they would have called me back in by now ?? I read online it takes 2 weeks to get all the results back. Was she right ? Is it not skin cancer as I haven't been called back already?. I'm panicking and scared

• Hello Donbomb21

I'm sorry to hear that you're waiting on some biopsy results at the moment. We know that this period of waiting for results and uncertainty can cause a lot of anxiety for many people and I do hope that you hear something soon. 

In the meantime, you may find it helpful to have a chat with one of our team of nurses. I'm sure they will be able to give you some information and support ahead of your appointment. If you'd like to chat with them they're available on 0808 800 4040 (Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm) and will be back in the office after the bank holiday weekend. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator