Hello - New here:)

Hello:) My name is Kieran, I am 17 years of age. Diagnosed with testicular cancer in November 2017, had surgery in December 2017 to remove my infected testicle. 
I study Health and Social Care in my College (For one day to help people going through these sort of experiences)
I enjoy reading, singing, hanging out with friends, going on adventures and reading all the inspiring stories on cancer survivors. 
I have been so moved by these stories that I want to join in on chats to help people be positive, as for me, being positive was the key to getting through the experience. 

I really hope to talk to you all and to hear more about yourselves :)

*Heres my post about my cancer experience - www.facebook.com/photo.php   *

• I've read your Facebook post. I am very impressed by your positive attitude. And very good that everything went so well, after the inital shock of diagnosis at such an early age. I expect you have been told that you can put this experience behind you now. Testicular cancer survival rates are brilliant these days, effectively 100% for many variants.

Yes, being positive helps a lot. But blind luck is the biggest factor, I think. I was treated for penile cancer. The biggest factor concerning survival is lymph node involvement. My lymph nodes were clear and this is pure luck. 

• Good for you Kieran; for checking your droopy bits regularly and taking prompt action as well as being so positive.  Not everyone has such a speedy experience and I am sure that your experience will be of value to others.  Best of luck with your course. 

• Thanks both for the reply. I appreciate the kind words. I am aware that being positive is always not so easy, but it plays a huge role within getting through it. 

I wasn't even aware of penile cancer, thats so scary. Glad you had the all clear. 

Thankyou both for replying, best of luck to you both.