Hello Everyone

About 6 weeks ago I was dignosed with Metastatic Lung Cancer I start my Chemo tomorrow not really looking forward to it but I need to fight this as much as I can. Is the fist session the worst one ???

• Hi Moggy, welcome to the forum.  My husband has lung cancer and started chemo a year gone this May for three months and then 20 sessions of radiotherapy.   He was scared about the first chemo session but all went well.  It's straight forward and time consuming more than anything else.  You'll be given anti sickness medication and a lot of help to cope.  Main problem is not wanting to eat but you must to keep your strength up.  Drink lots of fluids and eat what you fancy.  Tiredness is another problem so as chemo proceeds you'll get more tired, accept this and sleep.  Hubby lost his hair but had a buzz cut and looked pretty cool for seventy years of age.  It's all grown back and we're over the worst of it.  Worrying is normal but I hope this helps.  I've written a daily blog since treatment began so check it out if you want a look at how we managed.  Good luck.