Hello everyone!

Hello! I am a 70 yr old male who lives in northeastern Iowa (USA) and have just begun chemo treatments for my small cell prostate cancer.
I am married to my first wife of 45 yrs. we have two children and six grandchildren.

would love to hear from anyone who could give an idea how to prolong my life.

• Hi, welcome to the forum

I know in the past that prostate cancer was often recognised as  something that men could live WITH for 20 years or so but few died FROM having it.

I know a couple of close friends who have recently been diagnosed.  One of them took himself off to the USA desperately looking for treatments to cure himself.  I would say he is alcoholic and enjoys good food and a rich lifestyle amd I know he won't change his ways despite being **** scared

The other is relaxing and has adopted a healthier lifestyle in terms of diet especially and occasional walks in the fresh air with his golf clubs.

Sometimes that might be the only choice you can make for yourself.

• Hello

It would be good to know your PSA and Gleason etc, first be aware when having chemo to take your Tempreture morning and night above 38 or below 36 get to hospital. Your red cells will be very low and it's easy to catch an infection.

while on chemo it will knock the stuffing out of you, just listen to your body your tired then rest, just try to drink plenty of water it helps pass the chemo through the body.

As regards life we are all different and with a positive attitude eating and drinking right bit of excercise when you can you ll be with us for some time.

Joe

• My PSA is normal to this day and has been for yrs.  the Gleason I am not sure of but I thought they said stage 4?  Smalll cell prostate cancer is usually not found until you hurt some place and start looking as we did.  They did say the concer is “through out” my body.

• Hi

Well your the same as me stage 4 not great, if your like me you suffer with aches and pains, mines back and lower chest, but it does not help having acid reflux and gout grrr.

In our case we rely on what the doctor tells us, as in medication eating drinking excercise, all helps us keep here that bit longer, my PSA is 0.07 as they say undetectable, just means the cancer is held back at the moment, I hope yours is the same, I was definatly not lucky with side effects, but well to Meds.

Anyway keep smiling I do it's all we can do.

joe

• Interesting Joe

i to have troubles with gout and acid reflex along with sleep disorder and restless legs.  My pain has decreased quit well after the first set of chemo treatments so must be doing well.  Pain is in my pelvis with tuner being on my prostate plus a few other places I guess.  I tried pain pills but they made so sick I had to discontinue (lost 20 lbs. in 10days).  I am looking for medical marawana for the future needs but it’s not legal here.

good luck to you Joe