Hello everyone

I am new to the forum having had major op to remove tumour from bowel 16 days ago cancer is in liver too so chemo awaits then further surgery. Trying to remain positive but having a few down moments - happy to hear from anyone at any stage as we fight this dusease

•  

Hi there,

Welcome to Cancer Chat, although I'm sorry that you find yourself here. How are you feeling post-surgery? No matter how positive you try to be, you are bound to have dark moments. If it's of any consolution to you, we all have these moments. The only experience I have had of bowel cancer, was tryng to help my best friend through it a few years ago. Sadly, we lost her after a long battle with this horrible disease.

I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer, as my Mum did before me. She died with metastases in liver, lungs, brain and bones after 12 years, so I have some idea of the road you're travelling. The diagnosis of any type of cancer is pretty devastating and totally life changing and most of us find our emotions all over the place at first.

Have you been given a date for starting chemo yet?

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

There is always someone here whenever you feel like talking.

Kind regards,

Jolamine

• Hi thanks for the reply

no dated for chemo yet until wound healed but likely mis Sept

nurse happy with wound which was 6cm deep a week ago and is now 4.5cm 17 days after surgery

•  

Hi,

This is good news so soon after surgery..The sooner your wound heals up the sooner you can move on to the next stage.

Stay strong.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hello

I had breast cancer in February and mastectomy surgery in March and July with immediate reconstruction.I have had a rollercoaster of emotions and had and still have some very dark days. I try to remain positive and strong but for me the fear of what may be in the future is always there.

I am having regular colonoscopies also due to pre cancerous polyps.

I hope you are recovering well and have support around you.You will beat this .

Glitters xx