Hello community

Thought i would introduce myself to make a start. I have been browsing the site for a couple of weeks now. There is a lot of information that i have found useful so thankyou to everyone who contributes :) 

I have a solid tumor in my kidney which was found on CT and MRI while i was being investigated for gastro issues.  It isnt very big at the moment thankfully, but the urologist doesnt feel it has anything to do with my general ill health and weight loss since the start of july.

I was hoping for a swift diagnosis and treatment as i am reasonably young at 50 :D

Unfortunately he has taken advice which says it is too small to biopsy (1.6 cm) and he doesnt want to remove a kidney without knowing if it is malignant so i am on a watchful waiting pathway with chest and kidney CT 3 monthly. He feels it is more likely to be benign than not which doesnt marry up with most of what i have read about solid tumors.

It is torturous frankly and if im honest I 'feel' like a timebomb! I feel like i am waiting for him in some months to say ''ahh yes clearly malignant and you have lung mets now''

I am grateful that i am not completely alone in this horrid situation and that clearly there are people about in the same boat as myself.

Pleased to meet you all and hello :) 

• Hello and welcome to the forum the club nobody wants to join, I can understand how you feel, I'm a bit different I've got prostate cancer that's gone to lymph nodes, spine, ribs, pelvis and a lung I'm noncurable, it's an uninvited guest whot won't leave,, so we just live together, not in perfect harmony one day it could give me a bite that could prove fatal, but until that time comes I'm carrying on as normal as possible,, same as you want to do, i know it's hard but the more you worry the more it's winning, best wishes.. Billy 

• Nice to meet you Billygoat.  Thanks for taking the time to welcome me to a club i didnt expect to join this summer! I considered joining for a couple of weeks before posting as i feel a bit like an imposter when a lot of people are coping with ''an uninvited guest whot wont leave'".

There was me...clacking along having a fabulous time till this decided to rain on my parade. Im very practical, its the uncertainty of whats going on with me that plays on my mind more than anything. I havent read anywhere that watch and wait is a good idea for someone like me. That seems to be an approach for people that are older or more infirm than i am...but hey what do i know :D I also dont believe that it cant be biopsied but there isnt a lot i can do about that either. I dont really want to watch or wait at all! 

You sound like you have a lot on your plate top be going on with! I think your attitude is helpful too. Can I also say your avatar is very cute but looks like she is giving you a dirty look :D 

Mulberry

• Hi Mulberry, welcome to our friendly forum, straight away your sense of humour hit me, we all have this black humour to get us through.  So please let us know how it goes, don't Google, I've done it once as my husband has stage 4 lung cancer so I looked up the statistics for how long he had, one year it said, he's still here and we're two years down the line.  Good luck, Carol 

• heya Dor06 :) thanks for your good luck message,,its appreciated.

Yeah im trying not to let Dr Google be my friend :D

He always says yes to sedation for everything so it cant all be bad surely :P

I like humour..im not one to enjoy misery being my company. Im glad you and your husband are still enjoying a life together..its good news for sure! just goes to show doesnt it. 

I havent been feeling so good for a couple of months and it does affect my mood....my poor husband is on the end of my snippy wrath :D I say to him that i just wish they would say what it was so i could make a plan for myself really. Ahh well it is what it is.

Have a really good weekend and i love the frock :) 

• Hi mulberry it depends where you look there's a few on watch and wait, of all ages,, your humour will definitely help you as will don't think to far ahead with things, I'm normally alot more chearful but my wife's been in hospital all week,, the avetar is Bella she runs the house she's camera shy and likes her own way or else She's a chihuahua, please don't ask me to spell it again, a neibour looks after her wile I'm with my wife which is most of the day, hope they find why your not well soon apart from your kidney, best wishes... Billy 

• My little granddaughter who loves dressing up, as you can tell!  Honestly when you find out what's happening you'll feel a lot more in control of your life.  I'm being treated to Sunday lunch by my hubby as I've had a busy week and tomorrow we see his oncologist to see if the tumour has spread.  It's stayed put for eighteen months so let's pray it's behaved itself!  Keep posting!  Xx. CAROL