Hello

Hello, I had a vacuum breast biopsy yesterday for a small area of calcification detected on screening. Nothing palpable, nothing on ultrasound would never have felt this,  Had never been very keen on screening but so glad I went. Was so friendly and supportive, goodness knows why I have been wary, want to encourage the world to do this and not be scared.  But sitting on my bathroom floor at 5am I am...... results next weds, and am shaking now.  Will be on my own getting results as husband having major op that day. The staff know this and am sure will be very kind. Struggling to know how to calm myself and get through to next week.  Appreciate advice.

• Hello Anchor and a warm welcome to Cancer Chat, 

It's good you had the biopsy done and I am pleased to hear they were very friendly and supportive - it makes a big difference when going for tests to have lovely people looking after you and you're right to want to encourage people to do the same and not to be scared. 

It's normal though that as you find yourself waiting for results you are feeling very anxious and every day until Wednesday may seem to go super slowly. This is something many of our forum members will be able to relate to. I know it is really hard but try not to worry too much or anticipate what it might be. The best thing to do to avoid thinking too much about this while you are waiting is to keep busy and distracted if you can and avoid looking things up online. I can imagine it is hard for you to do this at the moment but it will help you feel a little less anxious. There are helpful tips on this page to help you cope while waiting for important news which I hope will help you get through to next week.  

I am so sorry to hear that you will be on your own getting your results and that it had to be on the same day that your husband is having major surgery. I hope everything goes well for him too on that day and that he recovers quickly from it so that you can have some quality time together after such stressful events.

I hope you will also hear from others here who have been through all this before and that they will be along soon to share their story with you. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out fine. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• [@Anchor]‍  hope your well, sorry your going through this. 

Often the waiting is the hardest part. All I can say is practice being in the present moment and not thinking ahead as much as possible. Also reach out where needed , we are all here together. Any questions ask away 

Phili xxx