Hello

Hi I’ve been diagnosed with hyperplasia but I  think its only mild, I’m  60 and thought I’d finished with bleeding, but I’ve bled on and off for 6 months, although not heavy, they decided to fit a mirena coil to reduce the build up of my lining, I had it fitted 2 weeks ago, I bled heavily and had bad cramps the week after it was fitted my GP has given me tranexamic to stop it, I asked him if I could have it removed but he said no, but in the last few days the bleeding isn’t as bad, so I will avoid taking the tablets,I have a swallowing problem with the ms so not even sure I can take them. I also have MS so changing and trying to keep clean was wearing me out as my mobility isn’t good, luckily I have a lovely hubby who's, my carer, we don’t have any children through choice, I know it takes time to settle in but it’s making me feel unwell, the hospital won’t do a hysterectomy until they see if the coil work, I’m hoping the side effects get better, glad I found this site so I know I’m not alone. 

• Hi Bev and welcome ..

I'm sorry I don't know about hyperplasia as I'm not medically qualified ... but seems unusual to have a coil fitted at 60 .. maybe a second opinion .. I will look it up, and see exactly what it is .. is it a cancer ? 

Any way wanted to say hi, and I hope someone pops on who knows more then I do .. 

Chrissie  x

• Hi  Chrissie 

Thank you for your reply, hyperplasia is where the cells aren’t cancer but they're not normal and could turn to cancer if left untreated,  hence they’ve fitted the coil to stop the lining of my womb building up and causing a bleed regularly which I guess as it works will stop the cells multiplying, I will be checked regularly but two biopsy’s they’ve taken have been normal, I didn’t expect to be bothered like this at my age, I’ve been on HRT and not had a family which is a common cause of hyperplasia in those circumstances.

Bev xx

• Hi Bev  Just wondering how you have got on with the mirena coil and your hyperplasia? I am still going through tests and they have mentioned the mirena coil to me.