Hello

Hi there, I was diagnoses with Endometrial cancer and had a total hysterectomy in February last year.  I was told it was stage 1a, and that they couldn't have found it any earlier.

Unfortunately at my 6 month follow up in the August they found a growth on the wall of the vagina.  That growth was removed and as it was the same cancer as before, I was given radiotherapy, chemotherapy and brachytherapy.  The treatment started in November and finished at the beginning of January.

I thought that was the end of it but on 1st March I was admitted to hospital with reduced kidney function.  Turned out there was a mass at the base of my spine, which had partially blocked the urethra.  One consultant told me it was scar tissue and they wouldn't biopsy it, but my oncologist sent me for a PET scan.  Turns out the right groin node lit up, as well as the "scar tissue".

Have just been told that they can no longer "cure" it.  I may be treated hormonally, but nothing seems to be moving very quickly.  I just don't understand how I got from stage 1a to here in just over a year.  I'm being admitted for a scope and biopsy by urology but theatres booked until mid June, so it won't happen soon.  I just wish they would hurray up,  I feel like time isn't my friend at the moment.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can move things along?

Thanks

• Hi there ... l so wish l had an answer for you to hurry things along .. but it seems so many times we have to wait ... it may be worth phoning the helpline on here or McMillan have one too, where hopefully they will have more info ... 

This cancer seems to get ever cruler ... but hold on and wer all with you ... there's so many of us on this crazy rollercoaster journey ... any time you want a chat, or vent I'm here most days ... I'm a breast cancer lady... so just sending you a vertual hug... l love your little saying by the way .. just how l look at life now too ...  Chrissie