Hello

After nearly a year of my mother overcoming heart and liver failure due to alcoholism and being  told she a medical  miracle, we found out today she got terminal lung cancer and can't have chemo due to chirroicis of the liver, I am so what struggling to comprehend what's going on as we thought she was given  a new lease of life which she has fully embraced. Feeling a little deflated  

• Hi there gerro... welcome on here ... well we call cancer a roller coaster of a journey as there's up and down around every corner ... that cancer is a devious, uncaring, cruel thing that docent play by any rules ..it hits you when you least expect it ...

So l bet you are feeling more then a little depleted ... it takes us all time to take in the news we get given .. so be kind to your heart ... your just human and all the feelings you go through are normal ... but you still have a little time, to tell your mum how much she means to you ... and hold her hand on this journey she has found her self on .. having someone to walk it with, is the loveliest thing you can do ... and don't be scared to admit your both scared ... 

There maybe something she still wants to do, or words she needs to say even though that's really hard .. I've told everyone things l need to , down to the funeral l want .. now I've done all that , l can enjoy every day l have ... and l still find things that make me smile too ... 

So sending you a big virtual hug ... Chrissie