Hello

My 74 year old father was diagnosed with glioblastoma in April this year. He had most of the tumour removed and then started treatment of radiation and oral chemotherapy. His MRI and bloods have been perfect throughout this. He finished his chemo last month, had his MRI and yesterday we went for his results. Not good the tumour has returned and is in operable and it seems the chemo treatment has stopped working. They have given him weeks to live. To look at dad he looks fine. This news is devistating and I can't believe that in a few weeks he will no longer be with us. I want to know what to watch for as he nears the end of his journey. I am so heartbroken and want to stay strong but am finding it increasingly difficult to do

• Sorry to hear your news.  Having lost both parents, my mum to cancer, I know that it pulls your feet out from under you.  Nothing in your previous life prepares you for this.  I think you might find this website useful.  If you look up About Cancer on the site menu, there is a section called Coping with Cancer which details all the things you need to know.  Have you got palliative care - if you don't know where to start you could perhaps ring Macmillan who are very helpful.   My mum died in hospital some years ago but since then I have helped care for cancer patients (just on a neighbourly basis) and realised that the palliative care they got was a massive help.  Of course you cannot be strong all the time - it wouldn't be human but talk about it with family and friends so that you don't feel alone.  Best wishes.

• Hello 

I'm so sorry for what you are having to deal with, it can't be easy at all.  You're doing the right thing, reaching out for help.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you what to look out for, but if you can manage to take it one day at a time and perhaps look up a hospice website or talk to some professionals about this - perhaps the macmillan helpline, you may find the advice you are needing.

Your Dad is lucky to have you and your company and love will be helping him a lot.

Thinking about you and your Dad.

Abundant blessings,  Phil xxx

• Thanks Phil this horrible disease has no discrimination you always think it won't happen to you or your loved ones and when it does it literally takes the wind out of you. It's so hard to comprehend why this is happening to my beautiful dad but I know we are not alone. The support from this website is incredible and for that I am truly grateful. We are taking each day as it comes and feel for all the people who are sharing their stories. I don't feel so alone. Defy the hand you're dealt is my motto. Thanks again for your kind words it means a lot xx