Hello :)

Hi all,

My step dad, who has been in my life for 30 plus years, was diagnosed with lung cancer 5 years ago. He's had radiotherapy, Chemo and another lot of radiotherapy. We sailed a steady ship for the last 2 years until earlier this year and it was discovered the cancer had spead to the other lung, lymph nodes (and high up in his chest/neck area).  He couldn't have any more radio or chemo and has recently been tried on immunotherapy treatment. He was due to have his 3rd treatment on Monday but became quite poorly last week. He went to Christies on Friday and they are concerned about some of his symptoms and he now has to go for a brain scan as they feel it has spread to the brain. It's been a tough 5 years but going to get even tougher soon I fear. xxx

• Hi there. Lily. ... step dads can mean as much as birth dads ... my sister wasn't my dads but we never knew as he loved all of us the same ... it shows just how much he means to you ... life is sure unfare ...

sounds like your gonna need to find even more courage this time around ... you must be feeling like you get knocked down , just when you were all getting somewhere ...  all I can say is make the most of every day , try to say honestly how you feel and hold on tight as it's a bumpy old road we find our selfs on ...

it still amazes me where we find the strength to keep going , with so many emotions running through our minds ... have you got someone who will take care of your heart and hold your hand ? Always remember your not on your own ... you will get support on here , weather it's an up or down day ... it sure helped me through ... sending you a big hug ... Chrisie xx