Hello

Finding it hard to deal with my partner is on palitive care he's only 50 years old so unfair

•  

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear that your partner is on palliative care. Can you share a little more of his cancer history , so that we can offer you support from those who know what you are both experiencing?

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• So sorry to hear this I am in the same situation with my husband he is 63 ...so hard to cope with but we are all battling on ...i have lots of support from my family and friends
  • My partner was diagnosed with a tomur in his neck a week before Christmas they said it was a aggressive one they called it (metastatic supraglottic squamous cell carcinoma)he had 6 weeks of radiotherapy 5 day every week also he got chemotherapy on a Wednesday during that 6 weeks this treatment stopped in February we had to wait 3 month for a scan to be told the treatment cleared the one in the throats but not the neck the tumour has started to wrapped ilround the jugular vain no operation can be done to remove as there was no chance of removing it all and there was a very high chance of a stroke and we were told we have only got months left but the would not say 3-6 months we've been together 18 years and have  a 16 year old daughter we never married so we married on 4th Aug I'm so angry we can't do as much as we would like to do as his weight is only 7stone 8 pounds as his treatment has made so weak and very thin 

• Yes it's so hard I'm finding it harder as the weeks pass I've got support from family too but sometimes u could just screem I'm sorry to hear about yr husband too

• Hello hope all is  good with you xx

• so sorry to hear about your husband my husband had been diagonised with pancreatic cancer and he is only 49. recently undergone an operation where they tried to remove the tumor without sucess so now awaiting the start of chemo. feel so helpless and its soo unfair. xxxx

• Yes it is unfair my husband maybe getting on a trial soon so not gave up hope yet u just need to keep going for him some day u just want to scream and say why us I hope he does well with the chemo and get to the end with success good luck plz keep in touch xx