Hello

Feeling devasted , weak but want to be strong, my wife has been told she may have lung cancer, we have spent a couple of days both crying before a CT scan. Just reaching out sorry.

• Hello Mossive

Sorry to hear about your situation.  I think it must be very scary.  When is the CT scan taking place or has it already been done? Everybody's situation is unique even if groups of us are going through fears we may have a specific type of cancer.  I think it is really good that you have reached out to this community for support and information.  Probably best to deal with life a day at a time at the moment, just dealing with what you really have to.  Getting rest, both of you, and having some nice food.  Yes I can appreciate that may not appeal but it will be important to stay strong physically, mentally and emotionally.  I find myself wondering if you are both required to work at the moment? I am sure somebody will have some advice regarding your particular situation.  Take it easy.  Celtic

• Thank you so much for replying Celtic. We have the scan Wednesday, my wife is terrified and so am I. That's sounds so selfish and probably is. We have six children who we know we shall have to tell if confirmed, something that we are obviously dreading. She is so scared as she the rock for everyone. It's the waiting that sucks the most. I work away and my wife also works, both have been brilliant thus far. I won't be instrusive about your own circumstances, but Thank you once again, it's good to talk to someone. 

• Hello again

So Wednesday is such an important day.  We just have to remember not to panic until we know all the facts.  I sometimes think doctors 'unwrap' this stuff a bit at a time as a chunk at a time is all most people can deal with.

I have 5 children and 5 grandchildren.  I live on my own.  Really I was totally taken by surprise when I went for an upper endoscopy.  I kind of expected them to say oh you have gastritis, so just keep taking the Omeprazole.  I'm not taking it as it contributes to osteoporosis but I am going off topic.. The doctor told me that I  had a polyp coming out of the duodenum and it was of a type she had not seen before.  I have since had a letter from the surgeon to say they will assess next Monday if they can remove it endoscopically, failing which I will need surgery.  It is called a tubulovillous adenoma and I think to get one affecting the small intestine is quite rare. When it was biopsies it was said to be pre malignant but showing low grade dysplasia.  That sounds 'promising' if I can say that.  As against that several weeks have passed and you hear of others where the situation has quickly changed so I am really unsure.  It is usually found in the colon so I do think I will need further examination/investigation.  One minute I am panicking and thinking the worst, then in the next minute I am telling myself that they have caught this in time and I am very lucky.  What will be will be but I never really expected to be sitting fretting about this.

I will hope and pray for the two of you that your news is going to be within a number of answers you can deal with.

Celtic

• Hello Mossive

Have just read your post so sorry to hear your news hope you don't mind me replying, its understandable that you feel devastated and scared that's normal I was diagnosed with cancer a couple of months ago and one of the worst things was telling the people closest to me my partner took it quite badly at first but we are being positive and my 3 children who are grown up now have been amazing, sometimes just coming on here for a chat helps, I hope everything goes ok at the scan tomorrow 

Take care Alli x

• Hi Mossive

I hope the two of you are all right.  Just that really

Celtic