Grade 1 breast cancer

does anyone have Grade 1 breast cancer ?

• Hi there ...

Sorry I'm not a grade 1 ... mine was a grade 3 ... so from what I know, your grade one is the earliest grade ... which means it's caught early .. so I think if we have to get breast cancer, that is the best one (for want of a better word) so if you want any more info .. there's a lot of us breast lasses on here ... so feel free to ask anything ...  Chrissie x

•  

Hi,

Welcome to our forum.

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Have you had any surgery yet, or have you discussed further treatment with your care team?

I have had 2 bouts of primary breast cancer, both were grade one and both were the same type of breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy first time around, followed by a year of Tamoxifen. The second time I had a double mastectomy, followed by 6 years of Letrozole, which I finished taking in July 2017.

What type of breast cancer do you have? 

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. I am always here, if I can be of any help to you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• I have now been told it’s grade 2 and has spread to my limp knodes so now waiting for a CT scan. Feeling a wide range of emotions. Scary time but will fight it all the way.

•  

Hi,

Not the news you wanted - I'm so sorry. This just means that you will have to fight that little bit harder.

Most of us find our emotions all over the place at this stage, possibly because everything is so alien to us and we all have a fear of the unknown. Many of us also find ourselves crying copiously for no good reason. If this is happening to you, just let the tears flow, as they are a good release valve.

Have you discussed surgery and treatment yet? Once you start on this path, your emotions will gradually settle down.

What is your next move?

Thinking of you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx