Glioblastoma stage 4

My brother has had surgery end of May .. managed to remove 90 % + of tumour but since then it has grown very quickly . His tumour is MGMT non methylated glioblastoma . He has decided to have no further treatment . He is 46 years old with two children . Had anyone with this type of tumour benefited from radiotherapy or any other treatments . He is worried any treatment will badly affect the quality of life for the remaining time he has with his family . 

• Hi x 

my husband was diagnosed with a benign brain tumour in January , 4 weeks later it had turned in to stage 4 cancer 

he had surgery but they could only remove s small part, he’s had radiotherapy and chemo tablets together for 6 weeks then had 6 weeks off. 

Hes now on chemo tablets he takes them for 5 days then has 23 days off. He’ll do this for 6 months

hes been generally well throughout .. no sickness just tired .. some days he can function as normal others he does a bit then has to rest.we have 3 kids and he’s able to help with them. 

I know everyone’s experience is different but wanted to share ours x 

• Hi, 

Sorry that your brother has this awful diagnosis. He's young and if you read posts on here and orher sites most people appear to tolerate the radiotherapy and chemotherapy fairly well if they were fit and well before this diagnosis.

Obviously everyone is different and your brother needs the advise of his medical team.

My husband was diagnosed last year at age 49. He had surgery, 6 weeks of chemo and radiotherapy together and since then has had 8 lots of 5 days of chemo tablets and so far its keeping things stable.  He's been very tired but no sickness. 

I hope your brother can get all of the information he needs to come to his own decision 

Take care x