Gallbladder cancer stage 4

hello everyone- my dad just diagnosed with stage 4 Gallbladder cancer. He had gallbladder removed with thin slice of liver and biopsy as no cancer suspected. Since then (and after an abandoned liver resection completion attempt) it has been restaged as 4, with spread to liver, peritoneal and lymphs. Surgeon extremely negative and we have asked for urgent referral to oncologist, and surgeon just dragging feet over this. Anyone had similar experience please? Hoping for someone who exceeded expectations to tell dad about. Thank you xx 

• Hi there ... not sure if this will help but think [@davek]‍  or [@Taff]‍  would be able to help you ... hopefully they may pick your thread up and be of good info for you ... im sure they have both pushed lots of boundaries  and hope they don't mind me mentioning them ... they help so many, and they have lots of knowledge between them ... good luck and welcome to our little chat room .. Chrissie 

• Hi GBC,

If you click on someone's name in a response, there's a link to their story. Mine may fit the bill. Different cancer but I was declared inoperable and incurable at stage 4 in late 2013.

Seriously, when my surgeon declared me inoperable he very quickly passed me onto my Oncologist. 

Good luck!

Dave

• Hi Gbc,

Thanks to Chriss for the mention but I'm not sure I can be of much help. I myself have myeloma, a remitting/relapsing cancer. It's a systemic cancer so doesn't metastasise as other cancers. Also the stages of myeloma, only 3, really only tell the extent of it.

What I can say, from reading various sites, is that people respond to treatment and its side-effects differently. A stage 1 might be unresponsive to all treatments and a stage 4 might respond well and is sometimes cured.

I was very ill at diagnosis and just after, being unable to do anything for myself, unable to move for 2 weeks because my leg was about to break. And just the weight of my leg caused a pelvic fracture. I was also near death as a result of radiation colitis which turned to sepsis. Another few hours and I'd have been a goner. The operating team decided they weren't going to provide life support if I didn't wake up from the op and the anaethsetist was tentaive about going ahead with the op anyway.

But here I still am and I ent ded, which is nice.

My cancer will come back and I'll become very ill again and possibly go into remission again. But there's no point in my worrying about any of it, it won't change anything. So as long as I ent ded, I'll crack on with living and take my pleasures each day. The really, really big ones, like the smile of a loved one. Macaroni cheese on toast. A nice cup of coffee. Not feeling like *** at this moment.

And I'm afraid that's as helpful as I'm able to be.

Best Regards

Taff

• Hi Gbc123,

How are things going with your Father?

I hope you are coping ok too. Such a difficult time. 

My Father has been for a ct scan following ultrasound gallbladder with a detected lesion. Ct required for clarity. Within a week of having his ct, he has been given an appointment to see a consultant gastroenterologist. 

We are yet to learn of the findings but I fear the worst as a lesion present and symptomatic.

If you don't mind me asking,,was this the same process yoir Father went through?

Has he had Cholecystectomy yet?

Sending healing wishes.