Frightened

Trying to come to terms with kidney cancer, but it is in my transplanted kidney. I am feeling oh so tired and if I am honest, beaten before I start. I know there are people worse off than me but the future does seem a bit bleak. Am I being silly or have others experienced this?

• Hi there GWR, so sorry to hear that cancer has come to your transplanted kidney, and I wanted to welcome you to the forum. You are not being silly and no wonder the future seems bleak to you. Having cancer is a roller coaster ride at the best of times, but other factors that sometimes come into play, make it even more upsetting, such as this being in your transplanted kidney. I don't know much about your particular situation, but I have a sense that you're feeling defeated and this is understandable. Do you have your other kidney, and if so, is it working okay? There may be other forum members who can relate to your situation and by me responding, it will bump your post to the first page again where perhaps someone with more knowledge about it, can offer more to you.

Come back on here and let us know how you are managing and keep us posted on your progress.

Take care.

Lorraine  

• Thanks, that just about sums up the way I feel. No old kidney function left so it is straight onto dialysis after surgery. I suppose that's one of the reasons I feel beaten already.

• Hi, GWR, Of course there are people worse off than you, but that doesn't mean that what is going on with you isn't awful.  It sounds like a dreadful thing to have happened and I can't begin to understand how you feel.

I, too, am going through a 'beaten' phase, and am desperately trying to pull myself out of it.  Sometimes we cant seem to see beyond the moment but there is always something to help and I dearly hope that there will be an answer for you.  Please come back and talk to us and let us know how you are getting on.  Wishing you all the very best.