Found a lump

I'm 53, and have psoriatic arthritis. I live in Scotland (South Lanarkshire)

On Saturday I was getting ready to go out, and noticed a red/pink mark on my right breast. I felt it and there is an obvious lump, small, round, hard and immobile. There is no pain.

7 years ago I had an ovarian cancer scare, had elevated CA125 levels, scans showed fibroids, and extensive endometriosis. Gynaecology referred me to oncology and I had a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, removal of my fallopian tubes and ovaries, however they were unable to remove my uterus due to the endometriosis. Post-op biopsies showed no malignancy.

I've called 111 today as GP is closed for local holiday, but told just to call GP again tomorrow.

As you would expect, I am feeling incredibly anxious. I assume I will get a referral to breast clinic, but have no idea what timescales are involved due to Covid. Can anyone offer and advice or reassurance. I don't want to worry my family (siblings. I don't have any children) so for now only discussing with my husband.

Thanks C. 

• Hi C, I'm not from Scotland and I sure if they have different timescales or practises?  Ring your GP tomorrow like you said and I'm sure they'll see you for examination and from what you describe, i would expect you to be referred to whatever your breast clinic is. In England your first apt at clinic is supposed to be within two weeks of referral from GP. I did have mine within two weeks and am now awaiting a further apt that I was told would be within two weeks. 

it's really hard not to be anxious and I'm sorry you have another cancer scare. 

hope this helps a bit - you're not alone xx 

• Hey I'm from Scotland, I found a lump a few months ago, anyway phoned gp, they said or it's a telephone appointment for 3.5 weeks from now (which was last Friday), then had the telephone app and doctor asked me to come in that day coz obviously they can see/feel through a phone. Doctor confirmed then have sent an urgent referral to the breast clinic and said that takes a few weeks. So that's the rough timeframe- it might be quicker for you due to different factors like age, availability of appointments etc.

im going a bit stir crazy waiting on my breast clinic appointment - it's like I've got no clue if it's cancer and I keep saying ill cross that bridge when I come to it but I just want to know what damn bridge I'm crossing

• I was examined by our practice nurse yesterday and she has referred me to breast clinic, but said could be 4-6 week wait.. My anxiety already thru the roof and its only been a few days :cry:

• Did they say if it was an urgent referral? I hate the unknown!

4-6 weeks wait is sooo long! So much time for our brains to mess us up and it's not something that can easily be pushed to the back of your mind. I'm struggling to focus on work since and even before whilst waiting on the doctors app

please keep me posted x