FLOT chemo

I'm now coming to the end of my 2nd cycle and on reflection it was a bit worse than the 1st one. Days4&5 were pretty bad just with a general unwell feeling. The tingling sensation was a lot worse than the 1st time but has lessened quite a lot. Been very careful drinking cold drinks as the throat spasms are one thing I don't want. Had a few Guinness yesterday with no adverse effect. I can't get anything to help the horrible mouth taste. Biotene toothpaste and mouth wash freshen things up a bit and fresh pineapple. Though too much of latter and you end up with a few mouth ulcers. Loads of other little niggles. A bit of back pain with the injections. Dull headache. Tiredness. Just an overall feeling of "can't be bothered". Got 3dys now to start of 3rd cycle--thursday. As long as bloods are ok. A couple of afternoon socials are in order!!!!!  

• I'm sorry the 2nd cycle has been a bit more challenging than the first Cumbrialad but I hope those afternoon socials over the last few days have made up for it ;)

Do keep us updated when you can and good luck for tomorrow.

All the best, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• It's nothing I can't handle Steph. Just gets you a bit down at the time but it's only temporary. Only got one more to do after the next one. As regards the op which is around Xmas/new year. Don't know much of what to expect after surgery other than what they've said at RVI. If anybody has been through the oesophagus removal and stomach being lifted and attached to throat I'd be very interested.