Flot

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if your flot chemo is paused for a few weeks does it matter. My relative had 2 rounds of it but became very weak and suffered bad diarrhoea so had to go into the hospital for 4 nights. They are fine again now and due to start flot again next week which will be 4 weeks since the last round. Just wondering anyone experienced the same 

kind regards 

• Hello Jp41 and thanks for posting, 

I am very sorry to learn how poorly the FLOT chemotherapy made your relative, I am glad to know they are better now. 

When side effects are very bad, there is no option but to postpone treatment, this has to be a priority in case the side effects worsen and matter to the extent that they could become life threatening.

In an ideal world it is best to stick to chemotherapy schedules, but in the real world inevitably, there are times when this isn't possible. I can't say for sure if this might make your relative's chemotherapy any less successful, but I think overall this would probably be unlikely to any great extent and especially if all else goes to plan with their treatment.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to give us a ring if you want to talk anything over. We are here weekdays, 9-5 and the number to call is Freephone 0808 800 404. 

Wishing you the best,

Julia

• Hi Julia Thanks a lot for your reply much appreciated. That's good to hear, Here's hoping the next two rounds go better 

kind regards  jp