First chemotherapy

My mother has just started chemotherapy 4 weeks ago and is very I'll she can't keep anything down. I'm really struggling watching her suffer and slowly wasting away. I try to act strong and positive when I'm with her but at home I'm a mess. I have lost interest in everything 

• Pritchard43

Hi I've just read your post and I'm so sorry your mums chemotherapy is making her feel so poorly. Is your mum been given anti sickness pills about an hour before her chemotherapy commences?, as I was given anti sickness pills before mine when I had it ,they really worked for me I didn't feel sick,and was surprised ,I also had IV steroids just before my chemotherapy was put in me, I had a pickline in ,in my arm. I can understand your worry and concern about your mum feeling so sick and not being able to keep things down. Maybe get in touch with the chemotherapy nurses or  better still your mums oncologist,  get your mum to say how she's feeling, the oncologist might suggest some things to help your mum, for instance maybe lowering the actual chemotherapy dose, or suggest another anti sickness pill,or change the chemotherapy drugs if possible,or de sensitise your mum( that is maybe going into hospital and have the  chemotherapy drugs  going into the body very slowly, so it can  be tolerated  more. I really think you should try to disscuss this with your mum and your mums  chemotherapy team/ oncologist and see if there is any way in which they can help your mum ,I do hope you and your mum,can talk to someone soon,and hopefully your mum will get some help and good advice , very soon. Big hugs sent to  you and your mum,and all the family .X

• Hi so sorry to hear that,try ginger biscuits also eating mints,soup also helps and plenty of water to flush it all through.I do understand as I has the same with mum and sister.x

• Thank you for replying.

My mother had to go to hospital today so that they can help her gain some weight and try to keep the food down. I will try the ginger biscuit and hopefully she will get the right anti-sickness tablets x