Feeling scared

Hi - I'm feeling so worried. Ive been bleeding (post-menopausal) for 5 weeks. Had scan, blood test and Biopsy on Monday. Been told I have high tumour marker and going for an MRI and CT scan this evening. The quickness of the 2 scan appointments has scared the life out of me. I live alone so noone here to talk to. I am very close to my daughter but I don't want to tell her as she lost her dad very suddenly 2 years ago at age 51. 

Just needed to get this out

Love to all x

• Hi 

sorry to read what your going through .. it is certainly scary times I was diagnosed on Tuesday with stage 3 ovarian cancer .. 

how did you get in at your appointment ? I find it helps to come on here s there is always someone to offer advice and support x

• Thank you for replying I really do appreciate it. Yes has CT and Scan last night and apparently all the results are going to an MDT meeting next Thursday.It's going to be a long wait.

How are you doing? Have you started your treatment yet? x

• Hi 

yes after ct scans etc I seemed to wait at least a week for when they had their meetings before getting next app . Not started treatment yet waiting for app to meet chemo team and make sure I'm fit enough to start . I am in constant pain even with my daily morphine o hopin they hurry up . I have to have treatment in another hospital they don't do this chemo at my hospital . My journey began in jan and the waiting's for app and letters takes forever but you will get them . It's good to have someone to talk to through out all this and this group is great xx

• Hi 

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Lets hope your appointment comes through quickly. Have they talked about surgery with you?

Have you spoken to family and friends about your diagnosis? I've not said a word to anyone so this site is proving helpful to me as not totally bottling up. Finding it difficult to concentrate on work at the moment.

xx

• Hi , 

surgery isn't an option as pre op tests showed my lungs were too weak at the moment .. 

yes told some family members . And only few friends . My younger sister who is 27 years younger than me is brilliant so supportive . We cry together . We talk things over the only bad thing Is I havnt seen her since lockdown and now diagnosis . 

I understand how hard and stressful it is for you especially having your daughter . And the uncertainty at this time .  If you would like to stay in contact  s we go on our journeys I would like that . 

Gaynor

xx

• I really hope you get your appointment through soon and you can get treatment underway.

Hopefully now they are talking about opening up more services in hospitals it will come through quickly.

I would love to keep in touch throughout our journey whatever that may bring.

xx