Feeling nervous

Im having a lumpectomy and an uplift on fri. As you can image my emotions are all over the place. I’m scared for the op but glad the cancer will be gone. Dreading having the op. Trying to keep busy and not dwell on it. Will be a nervous wreck otherwise.. 

• Hi shirl3 

I'm sorry to hear what's happening, we are kind of in the same boat. I'm going in hospital tomorrow for a mastectomy and reconstruction. I couldn't have a lumpectomy as I have 2 affected areas in the same breast. 

I understand how you feel regarding your op, it's frightening because it's the unknown and it's probably all you can think about at the moment. 

Has your consultant told you of any other treatment you may need or is it just the op? Please let me know how you get on, I'll be thinking of you.

Stay strong

Jules x

• Jules

. Good luck tomorrow for your op. Hope everything goes ok for you.

I’ve had 4 sessions of chemo already. Tumour has shrunk from 17mm to 12mm. Will have radiotherapy 6-8 weeks after my op.

• Hi shirl3. I can totally understand how you must be feeling. I also had a lumpectomy last year with 6 weeks of radiation. The way I feel now is that the op was not as bad as I thought. Do remember every single person reacts differently. Take it one day at a time. It's very easy to say but hard to do! It is best to keep busy and keep doing the exercises given. I started before my op and still continue to do them. I wish you all the best and if you need a chat/vent this forum is the best. It got me thru last year and still is. Keep us posted and all the best for fri.